The Creative Schools Fund is a grant making partnership between Ingenuity and CPS’ Department of Arts Education to support the expansion of arts education in schools. The Fund:
- was called for in both the 2012 Chicago Cultural Plan and the CPS Arts Education Plan.
- expands resources and funding available for arts education in Chicago.
- makes grants directly to CPS schools with a certified arts teacher.
- uses the Creative Schools Certification to target schools with the greatest need and opportunity to reach more students.
- also supports a small number of schools using inventive strategies that can be shared with other schools.
The goals of the Fund are to:
- increase the time and resources dedicated to the arts during the school day.
- provide arts education to all students in every grade.
- ensure every CPS student in every school has access to the arts and cultural resources of Chicago.
- expand the number of arts disciplines students are exposed to during their school years.
The Creative Schools Fund grant portal is now open!
Applications may be submitted by schools any time before 5pm on September 30, 2016. Register to apply here.