The Creative Schools Fund is a grant making partnership between Ingenuity and CPS’ Department of Arts Education to support the expansion of arts education in schools. The Fund:
- was called for in both the 2012 Chicago Cultural Plan and the CPS Arts Education Plan.
- expands resources and funding available for arts education in Chicago.
- makes grants directly to CPS schools with a certified arts teacher.
- uses the Creative Schools Certification to target schools with the greatest need and opportunity to reach more students.
- also supports a small number of schools using inventive strategies that can be shared with other schools.
The goals of the Fund are to:
- increase the time and resources dedicated to the arts during the school day.
- provide arts education to all students in every grade.
- ensure every CPS student in every school has access to the arts and cultural resources of Chicago.
- expand the number of arts disciplines students are exposed to during their school years.