The Creative Schools Fund is a grant making partnership between Ingenuity and CPS’ Department of Arts Education to support the expansion of arts education in schools. The Fund:
- was called for in both the 2012 Chicago Cultural Plan and the CPS Arts Education Plan.
- is part of the Creative Schools Initiative, an effort to build and sustain arts education across the district.
- supports schools and empowers teachers to bring the arts to all students; is the only funding effort in Chicago that grants directly to schools for programs designed by teachers to increase arts access.
- acts as an incentive for schools to make core investments in art teachers and programs.
The goals of the Fund are to:
- Fill gaps in time and resources spent on arts instruction, increase arts access across all grade levels, and expand the depth and breadth of artistic disciplines available in a school
- Support schools to progress in creating and sustaining high quality arts instruction during the school day
- Forward innovative approaches to arts instruction that can serve as models within the district.