Quality Cohort Eligibility, Selection Criteria and Process
To be eligible for the Quality Cohort:
- The applicant's team must include the primary decision maker for the organization’s development and management (executive director of CEO level staff), the primary curriculum and partnership manager (program manager or director), and a teaching artist who is implementing the organization’s programs in schools.
- Organization must be able to make a full commitment to quality development during the duration of the program (see program timeline, right).
- Organization must complete the entire online application and submit it and all required documents before the deadline.
Selection Criteria and Process
Applications are evaluated and selected based on the following four criteria:
- Problem of Practice. Does your organization identify a real and pressing problem of practice around quality? Strong applications effectively and narrowly define a pain point and articulate its importance to the organization.
- Impact on Organization. Successful applicants articulate strategies for addressing the problem of practice and hypotheses for the ways in which improving quality will affect the organization’s practice as a whole.
- Leadership. Does your application team include an Executive Director (or other senior leader), Program Director (or other mid-level leader), and a Teaching Artist? Is the organization ready and willing to commit substantial time and energy to this work?
- Sustainability. We’re looking for an organization that is motivated to implement plans for quality after the program is completed.
Ingenuity staff and the Quality Steering Committee are responsible for selecting the Cohort participants:
- Initial Review. Ingenuity staff will conduct an initial screening of each application, ensuring completeness. Completed applications will move on to the next stage in the Selection Process, Criteria Review.
- Criteria Review. The Quality Steering Committee will review each application and evaluate it using a selection criteria rubric. In addition to the scores awarded by reviewers, criteria that will also be used to determine the selection of an organization will include:
- The voices and experiences of underrepresented populations
- The number of submissions for a particular discipline
- Final Selection. After Criteria Review, members of the Steering Committee and Ingenuity will select 10 organizations for inclusion in the Quality Cohort. Accepted organizations will be notified of their selection via social media and e-mail by Thursday, January 18, 2018.