Apply now for the 2015-16 MCA Teacher Institute!
The Teacher Institute is the museum’s most immersive professional development program where 20 exceptional K-12 teachers come together for one year to explore what it means to critically engage students with the art and ideas of our time.
The emphasis of this year’s Teacher Institute is on supporting teachers in developing socially engaged art projects for the classroom. Socially engaged art uses artistic strategies to respond to issues of importance within a local community and is collaborative and participatory.
By participating you will:
• Make the MCA your haven, your studio, and your laboratory for a year while you develop a contemporary art–based classroom project. The MCA will provide support, including a modest budget for resources, to help make your project a reality.
• Investigate the qualities of contemporary art and contemporary teaching and learning, paying close attention to the place of the creative process and inquiry in these pursuits.
• Join a dynamic community and influence its conversation about contemporary pedagogy.
• Deepen your students’ connection to the city’s cultural resources through a free, artist-led field trip to the MCA.
• Earn 3 Lane Credits and 45 CPDUs.