Planning for Quality 102 will focus on arts standards and goals that guide program development and assessment in schools. Participants will identify relevant standards and discuss the way they influence the design of goals, objectives and assessment strategies.
This institute will provide the following:
- Training on basic assessment and evaluation vocabulary and concepts used in schools, the distinction between student assessment and program evaluation, how to determine the quality and alignment of learning objectives, and how to assess learning outcomes to support program evaluation
- Tools for communicating objectives and outcomes to all stakeholders, especially between educators and students
- Insights on the function of community in the determination of quality
Who should attend?
Executive directors, program staff, development staff and teaching artists.
This institute is the second in a series of six. Completion of Planning for Quality 101 is highly recommended or:
- a clear understanding of aims, goals, and objectives mapping
- a basic knowledge of logic model design and program evaluation
- articulated goals aligned to organizational mission, vision, and values