Creating assessment tools is one challenge, and preparing staff and teaching artists to use them is another. Implementing Quality 201 will focus on assessment implementation work plans and ways to teach artists and staff to use assessment and evaluation
This institute will provide the following:
- Training on the function of a rationale and how to use it with staff and artists to promote assessment in support of the creative process
- Tools for navigating the relationship between creative risk-taking and assessment of learning in the arts
- Insights from others on assessment strategies and the development of appropriate databases to facilitate access and communication by stakeholders
Who should attend?
Executive directors, program staff, development staff, and teaching artists.
This institute is the fourth in a series of six. Completion of Planning for Quality 101, 102 and 103 is highly recommended or:
- current assessment tools for various program activities and types
- knowledge of, and experience with, holistic and analytic rubrics
- knowledge of how to quantify qualitative judgments