FAQ for Schools
How can I use this information to provide more arts programming for my students?
With the introduction of Ingenuity’s artlook data suite, now is a great time to incorporate the arts into your school’s learning day. Tools such as artlook Map can help you identify model schools that have been successful in implementing robust arts education programs for their students.
The artlook Map can be the start of a dialogue with another school or network to learn from their leadership about what steps the school followed to create a strong arts learning platform. Similarly, parents and the community can be your best advocates in working to ensure that all students have access to and the opportunity for quality arts education.
How can I use artlook Map as a planning tool?
artlook Map was designed as a planning resource to design, develop and/or enhance arts education programs at your school. Simply query the Map by school name or network to see what resources currently exist at your school or across multiple schools in your network or neighborhood. You will be able to see the number of certified arts teachers and arts organizations providing arts education. This information can support your work in several ways:
- Art teachers can find and connect with other art teachers in your CPS network or neighborhood
- Find arts partners already in your network that could enhance your current school offerings
- Identify schools that have used a prospective arts partner, and elicit the program service experiences of those fellow principals
- Coordinate multiple arts partners to create and support stronger pathways of learning
- Explore the arts programs in the high schools attended by your graduating elementary students
- Develop an arts education learning community within your school or network
- Support arts programming across disciplines particularly if you are an art rich school
How can I learn about arts organizations that are interested in partnering with my school?
The most comprehensive source for information about arts organizations that are working in Chicago Public Schools is artlook Map. Use the map to find the organization and program that is best suited for your school’s students.
And when your school’s profile on artlook Map is maintained, these organizations will be able to find you, too.
My school has arts partnerships that are not listed on the Map. How can I make sure my school information is accurately reflected?
Having the most up-to-date picture of Chicago’s arts opportunities for its public school students is essential to understanding how to increase and improve our arts programming delivery.
We want you to be counted. Simply go to the Arts & Education Exchange to create or update your school profile, and indicate which CPS school you currently teach at or which arts partners provide services at your school. Your school profile on the Arts & Education Exchange will appear on the ArtLook map within a few days.
Interested in learning more about what you read above or Ingenuity? Don't hesitate to reach out!Contact Us