Arts Education Resources in the Time of COVID-19
COVID-19 is greatly impacting arts programs and partnerships in Chicago Public Schools, and we know the broader arts education sector is in need of tools and resources to adapt to this rapidly changing landscape. Below we’ve assembled various arts resources related to COVID-19 impacts. We will continue to compile and publish resources as they become available here. Please contact Courtney Cintrón (email@example.com) if you have additional information to share on this page.
- Chicago Public Schools Enrichment Learning Resources
- UChicago Arts: Amplify Resources for Remote Teaching and Learning Toolkit
- Choral Online Resource List
- Commaful Writing Advice: 10 min. Video Tutorials
- Dynamic Force Dance: Quarantine Dance Classes
- EduMotion: K-5 SEL & Dance
- HASTAC Education Library
- MET Opera’s Free Student Streams
- National Dance Education Organization: Online Teaching Tips from OPDI Professors
- NPR’s COVID-19 Comic for Kids
- Online COVID-19 Forum for Arts Educators
- Play in a Book: Online Learning Platform
- Teaching Theatre Online: A Shift in Pedagogy Amidst Coronavirus Outbreak
- We All Live Here: Chicago Artists Coloring Book
- 98.7 WFMT: Math in Music Web Series
- PlayMakers Lab: Creative writing workshops via Facebook Live
TRAUMA-INFORMED PRACTICE RESOURCES
- Childhood Education International: Free Trauma-Informed Practices Course
- Creating Trauma Sensitive Schools to Improve Learning: A Response to Intervention (RTI) Model
- Illinois ACEs Response Collaborative
- KJPR Films: Resilience: The Biology of Stress and the Science of Hope (2018)
- TED Talk: The Science of Adversity and the Case for Systemic Empathy (2017)
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network (Trauma-Informed School Strategies During COVID-19)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)-A web-Based Learning Course
- Trauma-Sensitive Practices During COVID-19 (Webinar), Learning and Impact Committee for Children
- Urban Youth Trauma Center – UIC
COVID-19 resources for arts & culture
- AEP: Partner Resources for Serving the Arts Education Field in the time of COVID-19
- Americans for the Arts: Coronavirus (Covid-19) Resource and Response Center
- Bonfils-Stanton Responds to COVID-19: Resources for Arts & Culture
- Cares Act 2020 Resources
- Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events: COVID-19 Arts Community Resources
- Chicago Artist Guide: Covid-19 Resources for Theater Artists in Chicago
- Creative Capital: List of Arts Resources During the Covid-19 Outbreak
- COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources
- Fiscal Management Associates: Leading your organization through a crisis, Fiscal and operational strength for facing COVID-19
- Illinois Department of Labor: FAQs
- Illinois Department of Employment Security: COVID-19 and Unemployment Benefits
- Lawyers for the Creative Arts COVID-19 Resources and Brief Service Response Center
- National Guild for Community Arts Education
- Pro Bono Consultation with the DeVos Institute of Arts Management
- Teaching Artists Guild: Covid-19 Resources for Teaching Artists
COVID-19 Livestreams for arts & culture
- Association of TAs – Community Conversation on COVID19 and resources
- Livestreaming Financial Strategies for Freelance Artists in a Time of Crisis
- Panel: Artists In a Time of Global Pandemic (ASL & Captioned), For US Based Artists and Freelance Cultural Workers in all Disciplines
Emergency Grant Funds for arts & culture
- Arts for Illinois Relief Fund
- Actors Fund – Emergency Financial Assistance Program
- Adolph & Esther Gottlieb Emergency Grant for Painters, Sculptors, and Printmakers
- American Guild of Musical Artists – Relief Fund
- Artists’ Fellowship – Emergency Aid to Professional Visual Artists
- Arts and Culture Leaders of Color Emergency Fund
- Authors League Fund
- The Blues Foundation – COVID-19 Blues Musician Emergency Relief Fund
- Book Industry Charitable Foundation – Assistance to Booksellers and Comic Retailers
- CERF + Emergency Relief Fund for Craft Artists
- Chicago Artists Relief Fund Application
- Chicago Dancers United – The Dancer’s Fund for Critical Health Need
- Chicago Small Business Resiliency Fund
- Dramatists Guild Foundation Provides Emergency Grants for Writers
- Equal Sound – Corona Relief Fund for Musicians
- Financial Relief Resources for Artists During COVID-19
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts Emergency Grant
- Gospel Music Trust Fund
- Gottlieb Emergency Grant
- The Haven Foundation Grant for Freelance Workers
- Illinois Artist of Color Emergency Grants
- Jazz Foundation of America – Musicians’ Emergency Fund
- Joan Mitchell Foundation Grants for Visual Artists
- Kincade Family Foundation – Emergency Grant for Curators
- Musicians Foundation – COVID-19 Emergency Relief Aid Grant Program
- Pinetop Perkins Foundation – Pinetop Assistance League (PAL) for Elder Musicians
- Pen America – Writer’s Emergency Fund
- Queer Writers of Color Relief Fund
- Rauschenberg Foundation Medical Grants for Artists
- The Recording Academy MusiCares – COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Seasons of Concern, Emergency Medical Assistance for Chicago’s Theater Community
- The Soze Foundation – Artist + Activist Relief Fund
- Sweet Relief – COVID-19 Fund for Musicians and Music Workers
IMPACT Surveys for arts & culture
- Americans for the Arts – The Economic Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the Arts and Cultural Sector
- Arts Alliance Illinois – COVID-19 Cultural Sector Impact Assessment
- Association of Performing Arts Professionals – Coronavirus Impact Survey on the Performing Arts Industry
- Dance USA – Coronavirus Impact Survey
- Theatre Communications Group – Coronavirus Preparedness and Impact Survey
Getting connected: wifi and internet accommodations
• Offering free public Wi-Fi for 60 Days to families who do not have a subscription already.
• 1-855-846-8376 for English / 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
•WiFi for 60 days for new K12 and college student households and more
• For households with K-12 and/or college students who may be displaced due to school closures and who do not a currently have home internet access, we are offering our Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband solution for free for 60 days to any new customer household within our footprint.
• 866-200-9522 to enroll in Optimum region
• AT&T is waiving data overage fees to all customers so that families and students can stay connected during the pandemic. The company is promising not to terminate the service ofany customer over the next 60 days.
• AT&T will continue to offer internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 amonth through the Access from AT&T program.
855.220.5211 – English / 855.220.5225 – Spanish
• Verizon said it will waive any late fees and not terminate any service for the next 60 days.
• ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers who have plans with data will have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
• Providing T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot and tethering service for the next 60 days – coming soon.
• Working with our Lifeline partners to provide customers extra free data up to 5GB of data per month over the next two months.
• Increasing the data allowance for free to schools and students using our EmpowerED digital learning programs to ensure each participant has access to at least 20GB of data per month for the next 60 days. 7. Sprint
• Not terminating service if they are unable to pay their Sprint bill because of the coronavirus
• Waiving late fees incurred because of economic circumstances related to the
• Customers with international long distance calling plans will receive complimentary international calling rates from the U.S. to countries defined by the CDC as Level 3 .
• Customers with metered data plans will receive unlimited data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
•We will provide customers with an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
Ingenuity has not vetted each of the above resources; publication here does not necessarily reflect an endorsement of quality.