In our seventh annual State of the Arts Report, we sharpen our equity lens by outlining the successes of Chicago’s arts education sector—CPS, teachers and administrators, arts organizations, teaching artists, and funders—and the inequities that remain as we collectively work to bring the arts to all students.
- 97% INCREASE in total CPS schools offering robust, impactful arts programs
- 75,000+ more students have consistent access to arts education
- 17% INCREASE in elementary schools offering at least 90 minutes of arts instruction
- 35% INCREASE in schools meeting the 1:350 arts instructor-to-student ratio
- 27% GROWTH in the number of arts organizations actively working in CPS schools
The data for the State of the Arts Report come from the Creative Schools Survey, CPS data, and arts partners, as well as charter and options schools. The report reflects staffing, access, instructional time, funding, and arts partnerships, providing the most comprehensive overview of the CPS arts education landscape in District history.