Developing and Supporting Teaching Artists
Arts organizations asked for ways to better support their teaching artists in attending Ingenuity professional learning. In response, Ingenuity is pleased to offer special professional learning stipends to teaching artists. These stipends are designed to promote access to high-quality professional learning programs and increase teaching artist knowledge, skill, and impact in classrooms and communities.
A limited number of $50 hourly stipends are available for most of Ingenuity’s professional learning events, including Institutes and Mini-courses.
- Teaching artists must be affiliated with an arts organization.
- The organization must act as the lead applicant and commit to a 1:1 stipend
- We hope that organizations will prioritize Teaching Artists that are newer to the field as well as TAs who identify as ALAANA
- Stipends are awarded on a rolling/first-come-first-serve basis
- Complete the online Professional Learning Quiz with the teaching artists on whose behalf you are applying.
- After completing the quiz, engage in a conversation around professional learning and identify low, moderate, and high levels of comfort for each teaching artist. Together, prioritize which Ingenuity Institute or mini-course would best support each artist.
- Complete and submit a google form for the desired training(s):
- So Many Standards, So Little Time (October 18, 2019)
- In Their Shoes: Practicing Radial Empathy in the Arts Classroom MINI-COURSE (November 4, 11, 18, 2019)
- The Creative Voice as a Tool for Change MINI-COURSE (January 16, 23, 30, 2020)
- Creating Culturally-Responsive Arts Curriculua (February 14, 2020)
- Are You Up to the Task? Designing Discipline-Specific Performance Assessments (February 28, 2020)
- Expand Your Teaching Artist Toolkit: Teaching and Learning in Chicago’s Art Museums MINI-COURSE (March 4, 11, 18, 2020)
- It Takes a Village: Partnering with Schools and Communities to Further Community Assets (March 13, 2020)
- Calling All Learners: Engaging Students Through Differentiation (May 8, 2020)
- The Art of Teaching: Exploring Educational Pedagogies (May 22, 2020)
- Ingenuity staff and Ingenuity’s Partnerships and Professional Learning Panel will review the application.
- Ingenuity will respond to let you know if stipends have been approved, and provide directions for registering the teaching artists for training sessions.
- Stipends will be provided upon completion of the Institute or Mini-Course. The stipend can be forfeited in case of absences or severe tardiness.